Stretch & Core
Mondays 10.30 - 11.30 and 19.30 - 20.30
Fridays 09.30 - 10.30
Stretching may take a back seat to your exercise routine but when done correctly and regularly can make you feel like you are walking on air.
Everyone can learn to stretch, regardless of age or flexibility; it’s never too late to start stretching. Stretch & Core is a 60min class and will target each of the major muscles groups following some gentle mobilising movements to warm the muscles.
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect from a regular stretching program:
• Reduced muscle tension
• Aids in workout recovery and post workout muscle soreness
• Increased range of movement in the joints
• Enhanced muscular coordination
• Increased circulation of the blood to various parts of the body
• Increased energy levels (resulting from increased circulation)
Along with stretching you will be completing some core exercises. A strong, flexible core underpins almost everything you do.
Benefits for having a tight core area are:
- Better posture
- Stronger back
- May help to alleviate lower back pain
- Helps to improve balance and stability
This is a class suitable for anyone and all levels of fitness.